It’s getting towards revision time of year again and it’s all too easy to forget to take care of yourself. Keeping fit and healthy is more important than ever so here are some tips:
- make sure you get enough sleep. Having the standard 8 hours per night has been proven to increase memory retention by up to 35%. So don’t stay up studying too late as it will affect how much you can learn the next day.
- keep hydrated. Again studies have shown how important it is to drink lots of water for the brain to function well.
- eat sensibly. Avoid those fatty snacks like crisps or chips and try to eat balanced meals which include your 5 a day fruit and veg.
- try not to overload on caffeine – it may help you stay awake to cram but you’ll end up feeling tired and stressed.
- take some exercise every day – don’t stay hunched over your books or laptop for hours on end. Even a short walk with the dog will help.